Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Good Wife

That’s me.  No, really!  Well, I work hard to be a good wife, although I mostly fall short in my attempts.  But hey, I learn a little more each day so it’s never a total loss!

I have gone from barely-a-penny-to-my-name post college student looking for work, to career woman, to full-time mom and struggling business girl.  Life’s been hard, but it’s been good to me, so I don’t have any complaints.  Except that maybe I could have been given a few more skills when it comes to cooking, but I can put on a decent dinner so I’m not really complaining…(thankfully being a good wife doesn’t rely only upon being supremely skilled in the kitchen.)

Here on our homestead (an almost perfect two story house located in a not quite so perfect little neighborhood in the suburbs of the big city) we have two dogs, two cats, 7 fish, one little boy, a hard-working husband, and me – the ever-struggling-to-be Good Wife.  Life’s always an adventure for us.  Upon leaving my job to spend my days making a home and raising a child, I had many well wishes from many well meaning friends and other people.  It wasn’t long before they started asking how I was really doing being home all day.  It’s not an easy answer and it’s not one I’ll take time to ramble on about now, but when I think about the answer, I’m reminded of what I love most about my life now.  It’s messy, it’s sometimes ugly, it’s always wondrous, and it’s the one I choose to live.  I . Love. Every. Moment. Period.  (Especially the ones that make me cry and laugh all at the same time.)  Isn’t that what the best of life is all about?

We’re glad you took a moment to visit.  Stop by from time to time and see what’s new at our blog-home.  Pull up a chair, grab a cup of tea, and read on for a laugh, a good cry, some insight into what makes us tick, and maybe – just maybe – a few good lessons along the way.
- The Good Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment