Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Daybook

Outside my window...it's still hot, even though September is here.  Every year I convince myself that September brings cooler weather, and every year I remember that I live in Texas, and cooler weather is still weeks away.

I am thinking...about school plans and how much we thrive on the structure that fills our days during the school year.

I am thankful...for a little boy who loves reading and learning and exploring and all the things that make the early years so memorable.

In the kitchen...pizza.  It's easy.  It's been a long day, and I still have a couple hours of work.  Pizza just sounds good tonight.

I am wearing...my Seattle Mariners shirt and my favorite pair of Eddie Bauer capris.  Comfort at it's best!

I am creating...a Fall vegetable garden.  Hopefully it grows!

I am wondering...why Alex seems to have as much energy at dinner time as he has when he wakes up in the morning.

I am reading...Cesar's Rules and Tell Your Time.

I am hoping...for rain.  The long, hot days of August have dried out everything and cracks are showing up everywhere!

I am looking forward to...Autumn.  I love everything about Autumn...the colors, the cooler weather, pumpkins and cinnamon...festivals and harvesting.  It just makes me happy and brings back so many childhood memories.

Around the house...games of chase and laughter of a little boy doing what he loves most.

I am pondering...motherhood.  Remembering what life was like before, and thinking about what life is like now.  I am forever amazed at just how much one little person can change.

One of my favorite things...listening to Alex talking with his cousins down in Corpus (via Skype) about everything and anything that interests them at that moment.  It fills the house with the sounds of little ones hard at work with their imaginations!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Making butter, painting the paper mache globe, and planting the garden.

A peek into my day...




Please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook for more entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment