Friday, August 22, 2014

Last of Summer

I think it finally hit this week.  Summer is almost over.  Wait, what?

Hold on.  I need a time-out.  Or a drink.  Preferably the fruity kind with a little umbrella that I can drink poolside because that's where it's all at these days.  These nice, hot, long SUMMER days.

It's been a whirlwind week of getting ready for school next Monday, running errands, and trying to fit in everything we left out, thinking we had plenty of summer left.  I felt pretty sad about the whole idea of another summer disappearing into the past, until this morning when I reminded Alex that school starts Monday.  His sleepy little eyes lost their good -morning look and he bounded out of bed, yelling at the top of his lungs with such excitement that I suddenly realized that I'm pretty darn excited about it too.  

Good-bye summer!  See ya next year.  But before we go...

...if you'd like to see a little peek into what our last few weeks have been all about, take a look.

















No comments:

Post a Comment