Friday, February 15, 2013

Bury the Alleluia

I grew up never knowing about this tradition, and when I first heard of it I brushed it aside for other things.  But this year I felt really drawn to the idea that we could make something tangible that would remind us that during Lent we as Catholics do not say Alleluia.  Alex is very much a hands-on learner, so being able to put his hands on the letters, form the word, and put each letter in the box himself was something that really captured his interest.  We "buried" the box and he is already anticipating Easter morning when we can joyfully exclaim ALLELUIA and bring the letters back out to celebrate.








The credit for how I chose to do this goes to Lacy over at Catholic Icing - I thought her idea for painting the letters and box to be re-used year after year was perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment